The international business and fashion capital of New York is the perfect location to study to become a top-notch image consultant. Students train in Manhattan, the center of the fashion, modeling, finance, advertising and publication industries.
Bergdorf Goodman, Barneys New York, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales and the best high-end boutiques are just steps away from the classroom located at the AKA Luxury Hotel in Central Park. Students from around the globe receive unparalleled hands-on and interactive training. Graduates from Sterling Style Academy- New York become recognized industry experts worldwide. Many of our Certified Image Consultants are pioneers of the industry in their respective countries including: Japan, Singapore, China, the Philippines, South Africa, Malawi, Turkey, Russia, Slovenia, Greece, the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, St. Lucia, Trinidad, Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Egypt, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Dubai.
Sterling Style Academy Certified Image Consultants are licensed to utilize our industry-proven, copyrighted style evaluation tools, training manuals, and the Sterling Style Academy Certified Image Consultant Logo. Our course also prepares students to register for and to pass the AICI First Level Certification Examination which allows consultants to place the AICI FLC letters behind their name. Approximately 15% of our on-location graduates are invited to join the elite team of Certified Image Stylist.The Sterling Style Academy Image Consultant Training Program prepares graduates to work with top level executives, celebrities and individuals of diverse cultures, budgets and lifestyles. Our graduates are educated to position themselves as industry experts. Graduates not only learn the theories behind perfecting image and style, but they also acquire invaluable business and marketing skills to strategically position themselves within their chosen markets.
The 4 Week Certification Program is a fully comprehensive program designed to meet the training needs of international fashion connoisseurs and individuals who prefer to cultivate their image and styling skills through extensive case study development. This program is offered each year during the summer in New York. Students may enroll in this course on a weekly basis, however most opt to participate in the entire four week program. In this program, you will learn the following:
- Introduction to style – How do we define and refine it?
- How to analyze fashion, incorporate trends, and develop style
- The elements and principles of design as it pertains to style
- How to assess facial features and body types to create suitable wardrobes for your clients
- How to incorporate these elements into analyzing an individual’s personal style and coloring
- How to develop a look specific to your client’s personal style and coloring
- The elements and importance of wardrobe evaluation
- The principles behind closet organization and clothing care
- A day in the life of an image consultant
- Effective shopping strategies and protocol
- How to determine your target market and develop your marketing plan
- How to conduct personal style and closet evaluations
- The essential elements of effective communication skills and its non-verbal impact
- How to utilize these elements to improve your corporate presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- How to develop your client’s image to improve their overall presence
The Benefits of the Sterling Style Academy are the following:
- Commitment to Excellence. We consistently update our course curriculum so that our students receive the most current and timely style industry information. Wardrobe case studies are shaped by the hippest celebrities and designer style, and our coaching of corporate communication and appropriate wardrobe is geared toward persevering through economic downturns.
- Faculty Reputation. Your instructors have 50 years of combined industry experience and the Sterling Style Academy’s Founder is a Wellesley Alumnae, member of the National Organization of Professional Women, AICI, ASTD and other professional organizations committed to excellence. You will train from experts who are recognized as being in the top 2 percentile in the image consulting industry.
- Global Diversified Student Body and Internationally Recognized Student Alumni. Sterling Style Academy Certified Image Consultants span the globe from over 20 different countries from every continent. The leading image consultant in Japan, Yuuri Takano, residing in Tokyo, graduated from the Sterling Style Academy New York in 2005 and re-enrolled with her assistant in 2008. She has since pioneered the image consultant industry in her country, becoming a media darling, author and premier image consultant in Japan and to the Japanese in America.
- Every dollar of your Sterling Style Academy training investment is tax deductible. As a business owner, your industry education becomes a valuable tax deduction and may be written off as a business expense.
Certification only granted upon completion of entire program
Program Schedule: Monday – Thursday, 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Clinic: Friday, TBA with assignments to be completed in the evenings.
For more information, please email us to receive a course prospectus.
Upon receipt of your registration form, we will send you a Welcome Package outlining the logistics of the training program, suggestions on where to stay, a detailed agenda, and much more. Your investment does not include air fare, lodging, transportation, personal expenses, school supplies or meals. Students should budget an additional $950 per month.
About the Sterling Style Academy
The Sterling Style Academy trains and certifies prospective and aspiring image consultants, personal stylists, and personal shoppers to pursue the career of their dreams. With training programs held on-location in Miami, New York, Los Angeles, London, Hong Kong, Dubai, Mumbai, Shanghai, São Paulo, and Mexico City, as well as Online Training,Teleclasses, and Short eCourses, the Sterling Style Academy prepares you to become a top notch pioneer in the image consulting, personal shopping, and personal styling industry. Master the art of image, fashion and style to become a fashion styling expert. Contact the Sterling Style Academy today to learn how we can help you start a career you are passionate about – shopping and styling! Like us or become our BFF on Facebook.