The Sterling Style Academy’s personal shopper, personal stylist, and image consultant training certification programs are developed with one goal in mind — to provide our students with the training and tools necessary to become successful, top-notch image consultants, fashion consultants, personal stylists, and personal shoppers. Our experienced faculty attracts strong students and result in quality graduates.
The Sterling Style Academy offers several types of certification programs. They are chronologically listed below according to level of intensity. Please click on the links below for more information about each program:
- eShort Course Certification Program
- 1-Day Personal Shopper Training Certification Program
- 3-Day Short Certification Program
- Instructor Led Online Personal Stylist Training Certification Program
- 5-Day Personal Stylist & Personal Shopper Certification Program
- Astrology Personal Style Consultant & Stylist Training
- Introduction to Image Consulting – Level I
- Introduction to Image Consulting – Level II
- Online Image Consultant Certification Program
Please click on the image below to view a course curriculum comparison of all our programs.
eShort Course Certification Program
The eShort Course Certification Program is comprised of a 5-volume series of electronic learning tools and resource products that consist of a video tutorial, e-workbooks and/or templates to use with clients. This program is designed to give you an eLearning comprehensive overview of the different types of services offered in the image industry as well as teach you the mechanics of each type of service so that you can better style yourself and/or others. Upon purchase, you will receive a certificate as a Fashion & Style Consultant.
1-Day Personal Shopper Training Program
Our 1-Day Personal Shopper Training Program is designed for you to take on it’s OWN or to mix + match with several of our other programs for the best combination of online training and in-class hands-on training. The 1-Day Personal Shopper Training program is perfect for those who have retail sales experience, are fashion bloggers, fashion merchandisers, fashion buyers, or fashion designers, or for those who literally spend their days in the mall. This class was also designed for those who would like to get a taste of a career in the Personal Shopping industry without investing that much time and money into training or for those who have trouble shopping for themselves. Join this class and be the client for the day and practice how to shop for others. Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a certificate as a Certified Personal Shopper.
3-Day Short Course vs. 5 Day Short Course
The difference between the 3-Day Short Course and 5-Day Short Course is that the 3-Day Short Course does not cover body analysis nor business development. And the 5-Day Short Course includes the following eShort Courses in the tuition investment: What Are My True Colors, Personal Style Consulting, Personal Shopping, Personal Styling and the Sales, Marketing Business Brand Identity Launch Kit. The 3-Day Short Course tuition investment only includes What Are My True Colors, Personal Shopping eShort Course and Personal Styling eShort Course. Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive a certificate as a Color Consultant, Fashion Stylist and Personal Shopper.
Instructor Led Online Personal Stylist Training Certification Program
If you’d love to take our 3 or 5 Day on-location Short Course however are finding it difficult to make the time to attend the training program, our instructor led Online Personal Stylist Training Certification Program is your solution. No need to travel, get trained when it’s convenient for your schedule, and get personalized, real-time online certification program training in as little as one to five days.
5 Day Short Course vs. Introduction to Image Consulting Level I & II
The 5-Day Personal Stylist & Personal Shopper Certification Program was designed for the busy professional who cannot take that much time off of work or for the home maker who cannot leave her family for lengthy periods of time. This class is designed to give you all the important elements and knowledge needed to become a Personal Stylist and Personal Shopper and is the abridged version of Introduction to Image Consulting Level I & II. This class gives you a fully comprehensive education and omits the unnecessary details. Unfortunately, you will not learn how to evaluate a closet or how to create a wardrobe look book in the 5-Day Personal Stylist & Personal Shopper Certification Program. However you can purchase our Wardrobe Consulting eShort Course and your program tuition includes the Personal Styling e-Short Course to learn how to create wardrobe look books. Therefore we recommend taking the 5-Day Personal Stylist and Personal Shopper Certification Program for the best value if you’d like to receive the most relevant information to become a Image Stylist and Personal Shopper in the shortest amount of time and you can always supplement this training with additional modules from the Online Image Consultant Training Program in the future.
Online Image Consultant Certification Program vs. Introduction to Image Consulting Level I & II
Students enrolled in the Online Image Consultant Certification Program will receive and train with the same professionally-designed course curriculum found in Introduction to Image Consulting – Levels I & II. In these programs, you will learn:
- The art and science behind an image consulting and personal styling business
- The elements and principles of design as it pertains to image, fashion and style
- Color theory and how to evaluate an individual’s personal coloring
- How to assess facial features, body silhouettes, body types, and body proportions to appropriately dress men and women
- How to analyze men’s and women’s fashion styles, incorporate trends, and develop a client’s signature style for personal and professional occasions
- How to conduct personal style evaluations for professionals to stay-at-home individuals
- The principles behind makeup application and how to consult your clients on makeup training module
- How to conduct a wardrobe and closet evaluation
- The principles behind closet organization and clothing care
- How to personal shop and effective personal shopping strategies and protocol
- How to work with clients and develop an image and wardrobe specific to your client’s needs, goals, lifestyle, personal style, personal coloring, and body type to improve their overall appearance
- How to create a wardrobe look book
- Effective communication skills as it pertains to sales pitches, public speaking, and presentation development
- A day in the life of an image consultant and personal stylist – what’s to be expected and setting realistic business goals and objectives
- Business building – how to sell your services, determine your target market, develop your 30 second introduction, write a professional bio and press release
The Introduction to Image Consulting Level I & II Certification Program and the Online Image Consultant Certification Program differ mainly in the amount of in-class practical application time and instructional guidance and coaching throughout the course. The experiences you will gain from taking an on-location course versus the online course will differ as well depending upon your learning style. We recommend seeing what our students have to say about our programs so that you can decide which program will best meet your needs and budget. Alternatively, we recommend trying the first module of the Online Image Consultant Certification Program for just US$247 to see if this program will be suitable for your learning needs.
Benefits of Introduction to Image Consulting Level I & II In-Class Training
The Sterling Style Academy’s course curriculum for the Introduction to Image Consulting Level I & II programs prepares you for success in the exciting, fast-growing, and profitable industries of image, fashion and style consulting. In addition to receiving our top-notch curriculum in the Introduction to Image Consulting Level I & II program, this training and certification program provides you with access to all our eShort Course Learning Tools and Resources, the Sterling Style Academy Personal Style Evaluation Assessment Tool and Client Consultation Book to ensure success when performing your consultations as well as the rights to use the Sterling Style Academy Certified Image Consultant logo to help you build your credibility within the industry. Classes are conducted in fashionable cities around the world by image and communication experts who provide you with interactive exercises, coaching instruction, and in-the-field training to increase your marketability within the industry. You will receive a certificate of completion for Introduction to Image Consulting Level I as a Certified Personal Style Consultant and you will receive another certificate upon successfully completing Introduction to Image Consulting Level I & II as an Image Consultant, Personal Stylist and Personal Shopper.