You must complete the following agreement to continue the registration process.
Please review this page carefully before reading the printed materials provided by Sterling Style Academy.
Training manuals, workbooks, illustrations, presentation and marketing materials are copyrighted.
All Intellectual Property Rights are owned by Sterling Style Academy and are protected by the United States of America copyright laws and international treaty provisions.
No use whatsoever may be made of these materials by an unauthorized person.
© Copyright 2006 -2013 Sterling Style Academy. All rights reserved. No part of this material (including text, artwork, graphics, and presentation materials) may be reproduced, stored in information and/or retrieval systems, or transmitted in any way or by any means, including but not limited to electronic, magnetic, digital, optical, laser-based, mechanical or otherwise, without prior written permission from Sterling Style Academy
Agreement Regarding the Certified Image Stylist Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
As a Certified Image Stylist:
- I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects the integrity and competence of The Certified Image Stylist TM (CIS) Group when interacting with the public, prospects, clients, and colleagues.
- I will strive to improve upon my consulting and styling abilities throughout my career - in turn reflecting on the credibility and professionalism of the CIS group.
- I will clearly define the services to be performed and all fees involved prior to engaging in a client consultation from inception to fruition.
- I agree to following training procedures and best practices in order to achieve the best possible outcome for the client and only agree to work with a prospective client with whom I can adequately perform the work required.
- I will not use materials, photos and/or creations of others without permission or giving appropriate credit to the owner of the copyrights. Members should only take credit for their original work or for work created and paid for under their supervision.
- I will inform prospective and current clients of any situations or circumstances that could be considered a conflict of interest.
- I will keep all client information confidential except if legal matters arise.
- I will not engage in professional misconduct which could involve, but is not limited to, dishonesty, fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation, or commit any act that reflects adversely on my and the group’s professional competence.
- I will maintain knowledge of and comply with all rules and regulations governing my business and professional activities – not participating in anything illegal.
- I will only use the CIS logo on marketing materials such as my company website, business card, brochure, or social media to add credibility to my abilities as long as I am a member in good standing with the group.
- I will only display the CIS logo in the approved format and not change the colors or fonts in any way.
- I agree to adhere to the CIS Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct and any other standards established by the Sterling Style Academy and CIS governing the use of training materials and use of the CIS logo. I understand that any violation of this code may result in termination of membership and using the CIS designation and logo.