The 2.5 Week Certification Program is an intensive program designed to meet the learning needs of working professionals and individuals who prefer accelerated training. In this program, you will learn the following:
- The art and science behind an image consulting and personal styling business
- The elements and principles of design as it pertains to image, fashion and style
- Color theory and how to evaluate an individual’s personal coloring
- How to assess facial features, body silhouettes, body types, and body proportions to appropriately dress men and women
- How to analyze men’s and women’s fashion styles, incorporate trends, and develop a client’s signature style for personal and professional occasions
- How to conduct personal style evaluations for professionals to stay-at-home individuals
- The principles behind makeup application and how to consult your clients on makeup
- How to conduct a wardrobe and closet evaluation
- The principles behind closet organization and clothing care
- How to personal shop and effective personal shopping strategies and protocol
- How to work with clients and develop an image and wardrobe specific to your client’s needs, goals, lifestyle, personal style, personal coloring, and body type to improve their overall appearance
- How to create a wardrobe look book
- Effective communication skills as it pertains to sales pitches, public speaking, and presentation development
- A day in the life of an image consultant and personal stylist – what’s to be expected and setting realistic business goals and objectives
- Business building – how to sell your services, determine your target market, develop your 30 second introduction, write a professional bio and press release
The Benefits of the Sterling Style Academy are the following:
- Commitment to Excellence. We consistently update our course curriculum so that our students receive the most current style industry information. Case studies are shaped by the hippest celebrities and fashion designers; and our curriculum is geared toward persevering through economic highs and lows.
- Faculty Reputation. Your instructors have 50 years of combined industry experience and the Sterling Style Academy’s Founder is a Wellesley Alumnae, member of the National Organization of Professional Women, AICI, ASTD and other professional organizations committed to excellence. You will train from experts who are recognized as being in the top 2 percentile in the image consulting industry.
- Global Diversified Student Body and Internationally Recognized Student Alumni. Sterling Style Academy Certified Personal Stylists and Personal Shoppers span the globe from over 40 different countries from every continent. The leading image consultant in Japan, Yuuri Takano, residing in Tokyo, graduated from the Sterling Style Academy New York in 2005 and re-enrolled with her assistant in 2008. She has since pioneered the image consultant industry in her country, becoming a media darling, style author and premier image consultant in her market.
New York: August 18 – September 3, 2014
Registration Deadline: July 2, 2014
Tuition Fee: USD $11,447 (Currency Conversion) - if paid by wire transfer / USD$11,997 if paid by credit card
Program Schedule: Monday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with assignments to be completed in the evenings and weekends.
For more information, please contact us to receive a course prospectus.
To register and make your investment today, please click here.
Upon receipt of your registration form, we will send you a Welcome Package outlining the logistics of the training program, suggestions on where to stay, a detailed agenda, and much more. Your investment does not include air fare, lodging, transportation, personal expenses, school supplies or meals. Students should budget an additional USD $750 per month.
Can’t attend the 2.5 Week Program or would like to attend a shorter course in New York, try our 3-Day or 5-Day Short Certification Course. Click here for details. Or attend our World Traveler Program.
Jump start your image consulting business with our Sales, Marketing and Business Brand Identity Launch Kit. Many students frequently come to the first day of image consultant training asking how will I get clients and how do I market myself. This resource will help you position yourself as an expert which will result in attracting clients. If you are serious about starting an image consulting business and would like would like to build the foundation for growing a sustainable business, we recommend taking advantage of the Sales, Marketing and Business Brand Identity Launch Kit Special Offer to incoming students at the introductory investment of US$597 plus shipping and handling.