Bergdorf Goodman, Barneys NY, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales and the best high-end boutiques are just steps away from the classroom located at a hotel in Manhattan. Graduates from the Sterling Style Academy- New York become recognized industry experts worldwide. Students receive unparalleled hands-on and interactive training in and outside of the classroom; and graduates from the Sterling Style Academy- New York become recognized industry experts worldwide with a global address book full of industry contacts.
The 2 Week Image Consultant Certification Program is a fully comprehensive program designed to meet the learning needs of working professionals and individuals who prefer thorough training. In this program, you will learn the following:
- The art and science behind an image consulting and personal styling business
- Learn how to manage and manipulate the image that a person projects through the clothing they wear by understanding the scientific aspects of image and style
- Understand the elements and principles of design as it pertains to image, fashion and style
- Color theory and how to evaluate an individual’s personal coloring
- How to assess facial features, body silhouettes, body types, and body proportions to appropriately dress men and women according to the image they want to project and their style preferences.
- How to incorporate these figure type elements into analyzing an individual’s personal style, coloring, and projected image
- How to analyze men’s and women’s fashion styles, incorporate trends, and develop a client’s signature image and style for personal and professional occasions
- How to conduct personal style evaluations for professionals to stay-at-home individuals
- The principles behind makeup application and how to consult your clients on makeup
- How to conduct a wardrobe and closet evaluation
- The principles behind closet organization and clothing care
- How to personal shop and effective personal shopping strategies and protocol
- How to work with clients and develop an image and wardrobe specific to your client’s needs, goals, lifestyle, personal style, personal coloring, and body type to improve their overall image, appearance, and presence
- How to create a wardrobe look book or digial look books
- Effective communication skills as it pertains to sales pitches, public speaking, and presentation development
- How to structure and conduct workshops and corporate seminars
- A day in the life of an image consultant and personal stylist – what’s to be expected and setting realistic business goals and objectives
- Determine your target market and develop your action and business plan
- Marketing and Business Development: Learn how to sell your services in today's digital driven marketplace, set fees, and map out your marketing plan and objectives, as well as create a professional bio, develop engaging social media pages, start a blog, and become a blogger to effectively market and sell your personal brand
- Commitment to Excellence. When you invest in our training programs, you receive personalized attention focused on your growth and development from the technical skill set mastery of image and style to learning how to build your personal brand for successful marketing. Our curriculum is geared toward persevering through economic highs and lows.
- Faculty Reputation. Your instructors have 50 years of combined industry experience and the Sterling Style Academy’s Founder is a Wellesley Alumnae, member of the National Organization of Professional Women, AICI, ATD and other professional organizations committed to excellence. You will train from experts who are recognized as being in the top 2 percentile in the image consulting industry.
- Global Diversified Student Body and Internationally Recognized Student Alumni. Sterling Style Academy Certified Personal Stylists and Personal Shoppers span the globe from over 60 different countries from every continent. The leading image consultant in Japan, Yuuri Takano, residing in Tokyo, graduated from the Sterling Style Academy New York in 2005 and re-enrolled with her assistant in 2008. She has since pioneered the image consultant industry in her country, becoming a media darling, style author and premier image consultant in her market.
New York: August 5 – August 16, 2019
Registration Deadline: June 24, 2019
Tuition Fee: USD $9,997 (Currency Conversion) - if paid by wire transfer / USD$11,447 if paid by credit card
Program Schedule: 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with assignments to be completed in the evenings and weekends.
If you would like to register via wire transfer, please request the bank details by clicking here to download our registration form, save and fill out the PDF, and email it back to us with a copy of your passport.
For more information, please contact us to receive a course prospectus.For payment plan options, please email us.
To register and make your investment today, please click here.
Please click here for furnished apartment accommodation recommendations in New York.
Please click here for information about how to obtain a tourist visa.
Upon receipt of your registration form, we will send you a Welcome Package outlining the logistics of the training program, suggestions on where to stay, a detailed agenda, and much more. Your investment does not include air fare, lodging, transportation, personal expenses, school supplies or meals. Students should budget an additional USD $750 per month.
Can't attend the 2 Week Program or would like to attend a shorter course in New York, try our 3-Day or 5-Day Short Certification Course. Click here for details. Or attend our 7-Day Image Consultant Training Certification Program.Jump start your image consulting business with our Sales, Marketing and Business Brand Identity Launch Kit. Many students frequently come to the first day of image consultant training asking how will I get clients and how do I market myself. This resource will help you position yourself as an expert which will result in attracting clients. If you are serious about starting an image consulting business and would like would like to build the foundation for growing a sustainable business, we recommend taking advantage of the Sales, Marketing and Business Brand Identity Launch Kit Special Offer to incoming students at the introductory investment of US$597 plus shipping and handling.